Pumpkin and Kūmara Soup
This tasty soup is perfect for lunch or quick evening meal. You can add any leftover cooked pumpkin or kūmara.
Don’t lose track while you’re cooking, click on an ingredient or step to tick it off so you know where you are up to.
- 1 kilogram pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium kūmara, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, use more or less to taste
- 4 cups water
- 3 teaspoons vegetable or chicken stock powder
- 1/2 cup milk
Print This Recipe
- Add onion, garlic and curry powder to large pot with a little oil. Fry until onion is cooked, but not brown.
- Add pumpkin, kūmara, water and stock powder. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are very soft and mushy.
- Remove soup from heat. Stir in milk and purée soup with stick blender, mash with a potato masher, or blend in a food processor.
- If necessary, gently reheat before serving. Serve with bread.
Search for a recipe
Commonly wasted ingredients