There are many different ways that you can tackle food waste. The best thing is to find something that works for you.
In addition to making changes in your home, you can be part of the larger food waste movement. The more people who know about food waste, the bigger impact we can have.
Ways you can make a difference
- Attend or participate in an event
- Donate food to the Auckland Community Fridge
- Buy misshapen fruit and vegetables
- Host an event or run a Love Food Hate Waste day at your workplace
- Tell other people about it #lovefoodhatewaste
- Volunteer with your local food rescue group
- Offer excess food you’re not going to eat to your friends and neighbours
- Volunteer with Community Fruit Harvesting to pick fruit and donate it to local food banks
- Share your food waste tips with us
- Become a Love Food Hate Waste partner