Chocolate and Crust-ard Microwave Pudding
Here’s a great hack for turning stale bread crusts into a delicious dessert in under 10 minutes.
Don’t lose track while you’re cooking, click on an ingredient or step to tick it off so you know where you are up to.
- 1 ½ – 2 bread ends or equivalent crusts, torn into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips or chunks
- ½ a banana or a few fresh or frozen berries optional
- Toasted slivered almonds to decorate – optional
Print This Recipe
- Combine the egg, milk, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add chocolate and torn bread.
- Soak for a minute or two then place ½ the mixture in a single-serving, microwave-safe bowl.
- Scatter on banana or berries if using, then top with remaining mixture.
- Microwave for 1 minute, uncovered.
- Check and see if it’s still liquid.
- If it is, microwave in 30-second bursts, till pudding is cooked through, and springy.
- Scatter on toasted almonds and serve.
Search for a recipe
Commonly wasted ingredients