These cheesy cauliflower croquettes will be a hit with children and adults alike. Serve three for an adults portion, and one to two for a child.
Don’t lose track while you’re cooking, click on an ingredient or step to tick it off so you know where you are up to.
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 medium cauliflower (approximately five cups)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts or seeds, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon herbs- fresh or dried, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried, ground spices such as paprika, fennel, pepper (optional)
Print This Recipe
- Soak the currants in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower florets and stems and boil until tender, drain.
- Heat a large pot and gently cook the onion with the oil.
- When the onion is soft add the cauliflower, drained currants and chopped nuts.
- Continue to cook and mash with a fork or potato masher until it is a pulpy texture.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 220°C.
- Once the cauliflower mixture is cool, add \the eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese, herbs and spice and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into egg shapes or quenelles.
- Place on baking tray and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Search for a recipe
Commonly wasted ingredients