Ham and Cheese Bread Quiche
No pastry, no problem! Whip up this quick ham and cheese bread quiche in a flash, using bread instead of pastry.
Don’t lose track while you’re cooking, click on an ingredient or step to tick it off so you know where you are up to.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 4 slices bread (gluten free if required)
- 1 cup ham or cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup capsicum, chopped (or vegetables of your choice)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes), chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup cheese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella, grated (or diced)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 ml milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Print This Recipe
- Lightly grease a slice tin or deep rectangle baking tray and preheat oven to 220⁰C.
- Butter the bread and lay the buttered slices down in the prepared tin.
- Mix together the ham, capsicum, onion, tomatoes and half the parsley. Spread over the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the ham and vegetable mixture.
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk together. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour mixture over the sprinkled cheese.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley and bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with salad or vegetables. Alternatively, slice and pop in lunch boxes. Fabulous for a picnic or camping.
Search for a recipe
Commonly wasted ingredients