Zucchini, Mint and Feta Quiche
This zucchini, feta and mint quiche is perfect for a vegetarian meal. Because it uses sliced bread as the base it is quick and cheap to make.
Don’t lose track while you’re cooking, click on an ingredient or step to tick it off so you know where you are up to.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 4 slices bread (gluten free if required)
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped finely
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 100g feta cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella, grated or diced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 ml milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Print This Recipe
- Lightly grease a slice tin or deep rectangle baking tray and preheat oven to 220⁰C.
- Butter the bread and lay the slices spread side down in the prepared tin.
- Mix together the zucchini, mint, spring onions and lemon zest. Spread over the bread.
- Crumble the feta and sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the zucchini and onion mixture.
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk together. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour mixture over the sprinkled cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serve hot topped with a crisp green salad, or as part of a vegetarian platter. If serving cold, slice and pop in lunch boxes. Fabulous for a picnic or camping.
Search for a recipe
Commonly wasted ingredients