Think outside the pizza box when it comes to using leftovers with our easy pizza recipes
Is your fridge cluttered with little odds and ends that you’re not quite sure what to do with?
There might be a few spoonfuls of leftover mince, half a can of chickpeas and a random assortment of vegetables. Of course you don’t want to waste this food, but you’re struggling to come up with a way to use it all up.
Thinking it is all too hard, you close the fridge door and reach for the Dominos menu. Then it hits you – I could make my own pizza!
Pizzas are the perfect solution for those little bits of leftovers you don’t know what else to do with. They’re easy to make, can be made with whatever you have and people love them. Check out our easy pizza recipes!
Recipes featured in the video:
If you don’t have any pizza dough or sauce, don’t let that stop you. There are many different things you can use as substitutes.
Pizza bases can be made out of:
- Any kind of bread– pita bread, halved baguettes, naan bread, regular sliced bread
- Cauliflower – this cauliflower base is low-carb and includes a big serve of vegetables
- Yoghurt – it may be hard to believe but it is easy to turn a pottle of yoghurt into a pizza base simply by mixing it with flour. Here’s a recipe for yoghurt pizza dough which can be made with unsweetened yoghurt for a savoury pizza or sweetened yoghurt for a dessert pizza.
- Tomato or BBQ sauce
- Leftover pasta sauce or passata
- Mashed or pureed vegetables such as pumpkin or carrots
- Pesto, hummus or other dips
- Cheese sauce
- Custard, jam, Nutella, chocolate sauce, maple syrup or yoghurt for sweet pizzas
- Anything at all!
Looking for something different? Try this Caramel Banana Stuffed Crust Pizza.