Potato, Bacon and Feta Omelette
Quick and substantial, you can include whatever vegetables and cheese you need to use up.
Don’t lose track while you’re cooking, click on an ingredient or step to tick it off so you know where you are up to.
- A good glug of olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 rashers of bacon
- Leftover potato or kumara
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream or crème fraiche
- 125g feta, or any leftover cheese
Print This Recipe
- Preheat the grill. Heat a frying pan with a splash of olive oil and a knob of butter.
- Cook the chopped onion with a little bacon for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Add leftover chopped potato or kumara and cook until lightly golden.
- Whisk the eggs together with the cream or crème fraiche, pour over the potatoes and crumble over the cheese.
- Cook over the heat until the egg begins to set. Finish it off under a hot grill until the centre is set. Serve warm with a green salad.
Search for a recipe
Commonly wasted ingredients